October 11, 2009

Red Sox can't stop Angels rally; Get swept 3-0 in series

I don't know whether to be mad or laugh it off.

It had to be poetic justice for an Anaheim Angels organization to finally sweep past the Boston Red Sox in the playoffs. After falling for short so many times, giving up so many late-inning homeruns, Anaheim finally got the last laugh. Rightfully so. There was no way Boston deserved to win that series with the way they had played the entire last two weeks of the season as well as postseason. Unless something drastic happened, unless a spark was ignited ... it wasn't happening. A comeback seemed nearly impossible, much less winning three straight against the better team. While next year might yield better results, I can't deny the fact that I feel a bit disappointed. I love the Red Sox and I love seeing them succeed but they were not the better team. They were outhit, outpitched, and outplayed in every facet. I guess the only question I really have is: where was the heart?



*Photo from www.bostondirtdogs.com

4 comments:

  1. I agree with you. This year's Red Sox team simply did not have the same drive of the teams that they have had in the past. It's strange how a team's identity can change in just a year, and with pretty much the same players.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So Evelyn, what's next for the Red Sox? What do they need for next year? Who should they try to unload? And is it time for them to convince Jason Varitek to retire?

    ReplyDelete
  3. You Red Sox fans are just stuck in the past, case in point, still referring to the Angels as "Anaheim"...:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not doing the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim. Just ... no. NO.

    ReplyDelete