December 04, 2009

Kessel hasn't cut all ties with Boston just yet...

When Bruins center Marc Savard signed a 7-year extension, it was a little surprising to me. After all, he is 32-year-old already. However, I trust that GM Peter Chiarelli knows what he is doing and that this will only benefit the B's in the future.

I came across this from WEEI's Graig Woodburn.

You can count ex-Bruin Phil Kessel among those who were disappointed when Bruins center Marc Savard inked a seven-year contract extension this week. Speaking on the Dale & Holley Show on Thursday, Savard said he and Kessel have stayed in touch after his former linemate was traded to Toronto in September, and that he heard from his ex-teammate during his contract negotiations with Boston.

"We've texted a lot," Savard said. "He was obviously one of the guys telling me to wait and not sign."

The 32-year-old admitted that Kessel had a hard time learning some of lessons that Savard experienced upon his arrival in Boston in 2006-07.

"Some things he did reminded me of myself a lot," said Savard. "It's a humbling experience especially when you are young like that, I think he handled it well. He went through some tough times. As Toronto gets better, he'll get better."

I don't see how Phil Kessel isn't public enemy No. 1 in Boston. I really don't. He's just asking for fans in Beantown to turn against him. Although, I could already see that tide turning when he held out signing an offer early in the off-season. Kessel, what are you doing?!

No comments:

Post a Comment